Skip to main content

Expiring at 30

Turning 30 and still can't find the godly and mature man you're looking for?


God's will for us is not always the ideal we have in mind. Sometimes we need to let go and let God decide. It takes years for that level of maturity and godliness you are looking for. You don't always get that the day you get married but you have to pray them into it. It is a process. This was the advice given to me by a godly woman when I was nervous about the man I was about to marry. She pointed at her husband and said, "Do you think he was always this godly and mature from the beginning? No, but as a wife, we have to pray them into it."


When I first prayed about a certain man that was interested in me, I took out my list: the 50 things I required, my criterion for my future spouse -- pray and fast weekly, does devotion, a good father, etc. God told me to take out my list, so I took it out. And then He said, "Now, start applying that to yourself, one by one." 


I had such high standards and expectations. But God hit me hard with reality. Its been 13 years since we got married. Is he the one? Yes. Is he all I ever wanted? It depends -- if all I ever wanted was God's will, then yes. If all I ever wanted was mine, then no.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism and sinless after

1. Jesus was baptized  2. Jesus’ disciples baptized 3. Jesus commissioned us to baptize 4. Ephesians 4:22 talks about putting off the old man.  This means leaving your past behind and you are not that person. Your dead body is buried and you are now alive because of Christ in you. So the devil cannot point his finger at you and condemn you for your past sins because that person is dead, and you are not that person. You are a new creation. If Christ is in you, Hebrews 6:4-6 says we cannot crucify again the son of God.  2 Peter 2: For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog re...

Lazy teens

A teen is not a kid anymore. Then again, boys mature about 3 years slower, so just take that into account.  When faced with lazy teens, we need to find out the root issue — is it a spirit of laziness? It has to be addressed. He needs to know that it is a spirit and not him. And that he has to fight it. And what happens when spirits like that are not warded off. And how they can ultimately possess a person when entertained and given into. If it’s not laziness, it is a lack of motivation. What do they really have in mind that is really bothering them or they are inspired about and work on that.

Woman Leadership

I am convinced of God’s call upon my life. And am prepared to do anything He asks me to do, whether I receive approval from anyone or not.  It’s so important to read the Bible in context and to know the history of Corinth and how the women in their temples were prostitutes calling the men to have sex with them as part of their religious ceremony; and how they thought the church would be the same. That’s why the women there were asked to keep quiet. I am a woman pastor. I am ordained and I am a woman. God calls whom He wills. When God first created the world, He made man and woman equal. When Eve fell, Adam was standing right beside her (Gen 3:6). He did not speak up but watched, listened, received and ate. Nevertheless, Christ, as the new Adam, came as the Son of God and Son of Man, to restore what was lost when man fell. Thus, God’s original plan for mankind where male and female are equal, has been restored, and the curse, broken. Women and men are equal again. Jesus submitted Hi...