Sunday, November 12, 2023

Christmas Presents from the kids

 Christmas is about giving and that's what my kids look forward to. They give each other presents and our budget is way less than $50 per kid. 


For family members, I shop at Salvation army or equivalent. So I buy presents for all the kids and adults including grandma and grandpa. Sometimes I grab a bargain at other places like Kmart or the post office or online. 


Each kid wants to give to each adult. There are 3 kids and 4 adults including grandparents, so each person gets to give 6 gifts. Multiply that by all the kids. I like to give them separate from my hubby as well, so that just adds up... That's a lot of gifts... 


This year, I plan to do it the other way around -- instead of youngest open presents first, it's youngest gives the presents first. So she gets to give to everyone in the family and watch them open the presents she gave them (and wrapped to the best of her ability).


I also have pillowcases in case she doesn't do a good job wrapping and gives up. So the pillowcases would go into the Christmas paper bags. I also have Christmas type cloth to wrap the bigger presents.


Im trying to keep paper wrappers for non family members and family members have reusable like cloth or stockings or pillowcases or gift pouches. I don't mind investing in those because they get reused each year and will save in the long run. Plus, super easy for the kids, and no mess! Just put it in and pull the string!


I'm also doing an Advent calendar from Matt 1 and Luke 1 all the way until Christmas... With devotionals and activities for the kids leading up to the rest of the curriculum for next year because we need to go through the Bible each year.


Also plan to do a really good Birthday Cake for Jesus.. was planning to put something like "Blessed Birthday, Babe" haha 😆

0 comments: