Monday, April 4, 2022

Teaching colors

 Q: How to teach colors to toddlers?


A: Sing the rainbow 🌈 song. 


If using objects; as long as all the objects are the same and only the colors are different, or Vice versa it would more make sense. 


Try using paint. Primary colors first, then mixing. My 2 year old loves painting.


She knows all the rainbow colors including indigo because of the song but she learns through YouTube. Different rainbow songs and different types of videos - Pinkfong colors with the slide, someone playing toys with different numbers and colors, Mother Goose House Rainbow Song, super simple color song, Cocomelon mixing color song and Blippi.


But if you don’t do videos, I taught my first kid colors by giving her different colored toys in bath everyday. So if today’s color is blue, all her bath toys will be blue, and of course, I’ll tell her it’s blue. You can do the same with clothes and food. Everything on the plate is red for lunch today, for example. 


My girls love rainbows. They want rainbow everything and I guess that’s where the desire to learn colors come from. Start with Noah’s ark.

0 comments: