Skip to main content

Charlie Kirk's Celebration of Life

Ironically, it was the most victorious funeral and the most painful worship at the same time. It was raw and open.


When Phil Wickham sang Hymn of Heaven, the whole place transformed into heaven itself. I would think I wasn't even there. It was an eternal moment. I could just have died there and felt like I've made it to heaven. It was the perfect picture of reaching heaven without first dying. Cheesy as it may sound, it was the literal composite of heaven on earth. I had never experienced anything like that before. I can't explain it -- it's something I would have to pinch myself to get out of. But it was real. I was blown away. I did not just see it, it was like I was there. The elders, the angels, the throne, the heroes of the faith, Jesus, Charlie, the cloud of witnesses, you name it, every martyr, every disciple that ever served the Lord, from the Old Testament to the New Testament, -- they were all there. And the fact that I saw it all,... I was speechless. Just no words. I did not want it to end. I almost floated away. It was like I was there and not there anymore. I was in Heaven -- and the whole stadium was with me,.. and a thousand generations.


Lyrics of Hymn Of Heaven by Phil Wickham:


How I long to breathe the air of Heaven

Where pain is gone and mercy fills the streets

To look upon the One who bled to save me

And walk with Him for all eternity


There will be a day when all will bow before Him

There will be a day when death will be no more

Standing face to face with He who died and rose again

Holy, holy is the Lord


And every prayer we prayed in desperation

The songs of faith we sang through doubt and fear

In the end, we′ll see that it was worth it

When He returns to wipe away our tears


Oh, there will be a day when all will bow before Him

There will be a day when death will be no more

Standing face to face with He who died and rose again

Holy, holy is the Lord


And on that day, we join the resurrection

And stand beside the heroes of the faith

With one voice, a thousand generations

Sing, "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain"


And on that day, we join the resurrection

And stand beside the heroes of the faith

With one voice, a thousand generations

Sing, "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain"

"Forever He shall reign"


So let it be today we shout the hymn of Heaven

With angels and the saints, we raise a mighty roar

Glory to our God who gave us life beyond the grave

Holy, holy is the Lord


So let it be today we shout the hymn of Heaven

With angels and the saints, we raise a mighty roar

Glory to our God who gave us life beyond the grave

Holy, holy is the Lord

Holy, holy is the Lord

Holy, holy is the Lord


https://youtu.be/XzB3_tP5bsE?si=k5KPyEaw4soGwA5a


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism and sinless after

1. Jesus was baptized  2. Jesus’ disciples baptized 3. Jesus commissioned us to baptize 4. Ephesians 4:22 talks about putting off the old man.  This means leaving your past behind and you are not that person. Your dead body is buried and you are now alive because of Christ in you. So the devil cannot point his finger at you and condemn you for your past sins because that person is dead, and you are not that person. You are a new creation. If Christ is in you, Hebrews 6:4-6 says we cannot crucify again the son of God.  2 Peter 2: For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog re...

Lazy teens

A teen is not a kid anymore. Then again, boys mature about 3 years slower, so just take that into account.  When faced with lazy teens, we need to find out the root issue — is it a spirit of laziness? It has to be addressed. He needs to know that it is a spirit and not him. And that he has to fight it. And what happens when spirits like that are not warded off. And how they can ultimately possess a person when entertained and given into. If it’s not laziness, it is a lack of motivation. What do they really have in mind that is really bothering them or they are inspired about and work on that.

Woman Leadership

I am convinced of God’s call upon my life. And am prepared to do anything He asks me to do, whether I receive approval from anyone or not.  It’s so important to read the Bible in context and to know the history of Corinth and how the women in their temples were prostitutes calling the men to have sex with them as part of their religious ceremony; and how they thought the church would be the same. That’s why the women there were asked to keep quiet. I am a woman pastor. I am ordained and I am a woman. God calls whom He wills. When God first created the world, He made man and woman equal. When Eve fell, Adam was standing right beside her (Gen 3:6). He did not speak up but watched, listened, received and ate. Nevertheless, Christ, as the new Adam, came as the Son of God and Son of Man, to restore what was lost when man fell. Thus, God’s original plan for mankind where male and female are equal, has been restored, and the curse, broken. Women and men are equal again. Jesus submitted Hi...