Skip to main content

Quick to teach, slow to pick

Is your house continually in a mess? 


Number one to cleaning anything is making sure you are physically and mentally capable -- if you have enough supplements and insufficient sleep, you'll get mom brain anyway. Also one apple on an empty stomach has more caffeine than coffee. I do not want my body to get used to caffeine. I eat apples first thing in the morning now. It works. Also I stop carbs for lunch so I don't get sleepy after.


When it comes to cleaning up the mess, I realized that it's always necessary to get to the root of the issue - the one who made that mess needs to clean up that mess. I know some messes were not created by someone capable of cleaning it -- toddler, guests, etc. and sometimes even.. hubby. But for the mess that was created by that person, especially the older kids, they need to clean up. If you clean up after them, they will never learn not to mess up and the house will never be clean


It's tempting to just pick up after them especially if it's an easy task but I have to keep reminding myself to be quick to teach, and slow to pick. This includes everything -- dishes, clothes on the floor, toothbrush not in place, towel not hung, books on the floor, and even wiping the table. All the kids need kitchen chores and laundry chores. And don't do their chores for them. Also, lots of praise, lots of praise and lots of bragging about them is important -- when guests come to the house, tell them how amazing your kids are and raise your voice so your kids hear all that bragging.


I also realized that when you occupy yourself with too much cleaning, nobody is keeping an eye on the kids and they make more mess elsewhere. The key is in catching them red handed. For example, there's always shoes near the backdoor because they wear their muddy shoes in. They're supposed to keep their muddy shoes outside. I need to come into the house the same time they come in and stop them before they come in, remind them to leave their shoes out, and do it repeatedly until it's a habit. And if they run into the house without me and leave it there, I need to ask them to come back to take it out instead of taking it out for them. Even if it's 4 hours later. It's tempting to just shove them out as I walk in but then I have to remember -- quick to teach, slow to pick. It still looks like a mess at first but eventually, it gets better. Catch them in the act.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism and sinless after

1. Jesus was baptized  2. Jesus’ disciples baptized 3. Jesus commissioned us to baptize 4. Ephesians 4:22 talks about putting off the old man.  This means leaving your past behind and you are not that person. Your dead body is buried and you are now alive because of Christ in you. So the devil cannot point his finger at you and condemn you for your past sins because that person is dead, and you are not that person. You are a new creation. If Christ is in you, Hebrews 6:4-6 says we cannot crucify again the son of God.  2 Peter 2: For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog re...

Lazy teens

A teen is not a kid anymore. Then again, boys mature about 3 years slower, so just take that into account.  When faced with lazy teens, we need to find out the root issue — is it a spirit of laziness? It has to be addressed. He needs to know that it is a spirit and not him. And that he has to fight it. And what happens when spirits like that are not warded off. And how they can ultimately possess a person when entertained and given into. If it’s not laziness, it is a lack of motivation. What do they really have in mind that is really bothering them or they are inspired about and work on that.

Woman Leadership

I am convinced of God’s call upon my life. And am prepared to do anything He asks me to do, whether I receive approval from anyone or not.  It’s so important to read the Bible in context and to know the history of Corinth and how the women in their temples were prostitutes calling the men to have sex with them as part of their religious ceremony; and how they thought the church would be the same. That’s why the women there were asked to keep quiet. I am a woman pastor. I am ordained and I am a woman. God calls whom He wills. When God first created the world, He made man and woman equal. When Eve fell, Adam was standing right beside her (Gen 3:6). He did not speak up but watched, listened, received and ate. Nevertheless, Christ, as the new Adam, came as the Son of God and Son of Man, to restore what was lost when man fell. Thus, God’s original plan for mankind where male and female are equal, has been restored, and the curse, broken. Women and men are equal again. Jesus submitted Hi...