Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sunday School Lesson 3

God is everywhere
Elementary School

Introduction:
How many of you talk to God everyday? How about all the time? (show of hands)

Short game:
Everybody hold your breath - see who can hold it the longest.

Can you live without breathing? No.

Praying is like breathing. The Bible asks us to pray without ceasing. How do we pray without ceasing? Does it mean that we have to keep our mouths moving all the time? (do a funny action with your mouth) No. Praying is talking to God in your heart. How can we talk to God? Because God is everywhere. He is like the air we breathe- He is everywhere.

Interaction:
How many of you don't need to drink water at all? (just kidding)
How many of you drink only about 1 cup of water everyday? 1 medium bottle? 1 big bottle? More than 1 big bottle? (applause) Good.
Hard question - how many percent of our body is made out of water? 70%
What happens when you don't drink enough water? You get thirsty, dehydrated, go crazy and ultimately die.
So what do you do when you are thirsty? Drink water.
So how do you feel after drinking water? Refreshed, satisfied, happy.

Worship is like the water we drink. Can we live without it? No. After worship, we are supposed to feel good and happy. But that is just the effect of worship. What is the purpose of worship? Because He deserves our worship and also because we enjoy it.

Interaction:
How many of you ate your breakfast this morning? Who is hungry? (show of hands)
(if possible, give them something to munch)
What will you do if, after church, your parents told you that everyone in the family has to pray and fast for one month? (funny face of jaw dropping)
Who is the tallest person in class?
Let's interview him/her : How much do you normally eat in a meal?


Reading the Bible is just like eating. We can't live without it. The more we eat, the more we grow. Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

So, prayer is like? Breathing. Worship is like? Drinking. And reading the Bible is like? Eating.

Class activity:
Play song on lap top - "Everything to me" by Avalon.

Lyrics

I grew up in Sunday School
I memorized the Golden Rule
And how Jesus came to set the sinner free
I know the story inside out, and I can tell you all about the path that led Him up to Calvary
But ask me why He loves me, and I don't know what to say
But I'll never be the same because He changed my life when He became...

(CHORUS)
Everything to me
He's more than a story
More than words on a page of history
He is the air that I breathe, the water I thirst for
And the ground beneath my feet
Oh He's everything, everything to me

We're living in uncertain times
And more and more I find that I'm aware of just how fragile life can be
I wanna tell the world I've found, a love that turned my life around
They need to know that they can taste and see
Now everyday I'm prayin' just to give my heart away
I wanna live for Jesus, so that someone else might see that He is...

(CHORUS)

And lookin' back over my life at the end, I wanna meet you, sayin you've been..

(CHORUS) 2x
Lord you're everything to me, Jesus



0 comments: