Monday, April 22, 2024

Dressing Standards

To put it into perspective -- I wouldn't wear a tee to church. I would dress modestly, and appropriately because I want to honor God through the way I dress and wearing a tee to church just isn't my best worship when it comes to dressing.


When I dress well, I honor the person whose house I've been invited to. I honor the occasion I am attending -- whether it is a private gathering or public. I give them respect and by so doing, my family and husband whom I represent are in turn respected for respecting. 


At home, I dress up for my husband. This means I am not in my tees either. I dress to make him happy -- doesn't mean it has to be revealing as the postman might knock on the door with a parcel I have to sign for -- or the neighbour might say hi. But I dress well enough that he can see I'm putting effort in to look nice for him -- even at home.

0 comments: