Skip to main content

Dream them into being

Brittany Parker, Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator, and Homeschooling mother of a large family, Blue Earth, Minnesota:


 I had a dream recently that really put a new perspective on my children’s struggles. 


I was reminded of how God addresses people in the Bible. He calls them what He sees they will become. 


He called Moses to do what Moses was not. 


He called Saul when he was as opposite a potential to be used by God as could possibly be. 


He told a shepherd boy he would be king. 


God is always proclaiming the impossible to the very person who it would seem impossible to. Yet He proclaims the victory that He sees forthcoming in their lives as though it weren’t up for debate. He knows who He called them to be and He believes they will step up to the calling. 


My son struggles with anger and honesty. When I woke from this dream a clear image of him was in my mind.


Terrified for his future if he should stay on his path I was constantly trying to improve him. Help him see his wrong and calling out his failures. 


That morning I began a very new and different tactic. So strange it made me uncomfortable and struggling to find the right words. 


I began to tell my son who He was as Christ saw him- covered by the blood and righteousness of Christ. 


It was hard trying to find moments to speak into his life while still being truthful. But I seized everyone I could. I also began to be silent on much of his shortcomings. 


This has been about 3 weeks now and not only am I seeing changes as he begins to desire to become the boy I describe him to be, but I begin to believe that he WILL become exactly who God meant him to be. 


I don’t know if this helps, but I thought I would share it with you. 💗

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism and sinless after

1. Jesus was baptized  2. Jesus’ disciples baptized 3. Jesus commissioned us to baptize 4. Ephesians 4:22 talks about putting off the old man.  This means leaving your past behind and you are not that person. Your dead body is buried and you are now alive because of Christ in you. So the devil cannot point his finger at you and condemn you for your past sins because that person is dead, and you are not that person. You are a new creation. If Christ is in you, Hebrews 6:4-6 says we cannot crucify again the son of God.  2 Peter 2: For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog re...

Lazy teens

A teen is not a kid anymore. Then again, boys mature about 3 years slower, so just take that into account.  When faced with lazy teens, we need to find out the root issue — is it a spirit of laziness? It has to be addressed. He needs to know that it is a spirit and not him. And that he has to fight it. And what happens when spirits like that are not warded off. And how they can ultimately possess a person when entertained and given into. If it’s not laziness, it is a lack of motivation. What do they really have in mind that is really bothering them or they are inspired about and work on that.

Woman Leadership

I am convinced of God’s call upon my life. And am prepared to do anything He asks me to do, whether I receive approval from anyone or not.  It’s so important to read the Bible in context and to know the history of Corinth and how the women in their temples were prostitutes calling the men to have sex with them as part of their religious ceremony; and how they thought the church would be the same. That’s why the women there were asked to keep quiet. I am a woman pastor. I am ordained and I am a woman. God calls whom He wills. When God first created the world, He made man and woman equal. When Eve fell, Adam was standing right beside her (Gen 3:6). He did not speak up but watched, listened, received and ate. Nevertheless, Christ, as the new Adam, came as the Son of God and Son of Man, to restore what was lost when man fell. Thus, God’s original plan for mankind where male and female are equal, has been restored, and the curse, broken. Women and men are equal again. Jesus submitted Hi...