Sunday, January 16, 2022

Returnable goods

She gazed down at the shattered pieces in her hands, "I'm sorry,... every time you give me a present, I break it." "Just pass them over to me.." "You've got to be careful, they're really sharp. They can cut."
"Don't worry... I've been cut many times before." "Okay.. Here..." She poured them into his hands. "I'm sorry.."
"It's okay. I can give you a new one..." he reached down, gently pulled out his own heart and held it up to her.

"Thank you... I'll... I'll try not to break it this time... but.. I know I am just going to break it again."

"I know... that's why I'm here."

"I'm.. so sorry..." "Don't be,..." he said as he put it in. She smiled, "It feels great!" He smiled back at her. Still beaming, she looked up at him, "Thank you,... Jesus."

0 comments: