Skip to main content

What is JesusSchooling?

In the morning, I would get a book, chapter and verse from the Bible. That passage will tell me what our theme for the day is. Our Bible is our textbook. The only way to find out what we are learning for that day is by reading the Bible.


But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

John 14:26


2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.


This is called JesusSchooling


http://www.facebook.com/groups/jesusschooling


LogosSchooling in JesusSchooling

Those that prefer planning out their day can start with Genesis and end with Revelations each year. You can start by rearranging all your books and resources from Genesis to Revelations. So if you have a story book about a farm, for example, that will be in Domestication which is in Genesis - Cain and Abel. Counting by twos will be in Genesis as well - Noah and the Ark.

This method of JesusSchooling is called LogosSchooling. That's how it started, actually. The one I mentioned earlier is called RhemaSchooling.

If you have your whole year planned out, you have done a great job. And if you reordered them from Genesis to Revelations, you would be JesusSchooling.

Incorporating Maths and Language

Easy. For example, Counting by twos will be in Genesis - Noah and the Ark. When we read a passage about Egypt, we can learn about Pyramids, part of 3D Shapes. We also learn about measurements when Solomon builds the temple, etc. When someone buys something, we learn about currencies. They'll just make themselves known as you're reading the verse. To be sure, I use a workbook, so I know what I have covered and what I have not, and I select what is appropriate for that day based on the verse. Also, I can put post it notes to bookmark pages of a workbook or math books that lean towards a particular theme that may appear later. Also, workbooks these days have examples and word problems which can belong to a certain theme.

As for learning language, I give them an assignment, like "Write a story/article about..." as we follow that particular theme. We also use workbooks for that but I choose according to theme as well - sometimes, workbooks come with pictures on them or stories with can link to certain themes that we are covering. Sometimes, we come across a difficult word in the Bible. That brings us to use the dictionary. And then we make sentences with that word. My kids have increased their vocabulary and reading really quickly by reading the Bible. We use NKJV.

If you don't like workbooks, you can always come up with your own ideas. The ideas come naturally and you don't have to brainstorm for it, to be honest. In fact, my main concern is usually about whether we have enough time to do all that comes to mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism and sinless after

1. Jesus was baptized  2. Jesus’ disciples baptized 3. Jesus commissioned us to baptize 4. Ephesians 4:22 talks about putting off the old man.  This means leaving your past behind and you are not that person. Your dead body is buried and you are now alive because of Christ in you. So the devil cannot point his finger at you and condemn you for your past sins because that person is dead, and you are not that person. You are a new creation. If Christ is in you, Hebrews 6:4-6 says we cannot crucify again the son of God.  2 Peter 2: For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog re...

Lazy teens

A teen is not a kid anymore. Then again, boys mature about 3 years slower, so just take that into account.  When faced with lazy teens, we need to find out the root issue — is it a spirit of laziness? It has to be addressed. He needs to know that it is a spirit and not him. And that he has to fight it. And what happens when spirits like that are not warded off. And how they can ultimately possess a person when entertained and given into. If it’s not laziness, it is a lack of motivation. What do they really have in mind that is really bothering them or they are inspired about and work on that.

Woman Leadership

I am convinced of God’s call upon my life. And am prepared to do anything He asks me to do, whether I receive approval from anyone or not.  It’s so important to read the Bible in context and to know the history of Corinth and how the women in their temples were prostitutes calling the men to have sex with them as part of their religious ceremony; and how they thought the church would be the same. That’s why the women there were asked to keep quiet. I am a woman pastor. I am ordained and I am a woman. God calls whom He wills. When God first created the world, He made man and woman equal. When Eve fell, Adam was standing right beside her (Gen 3:6). He did not speak up but watched, listened, received and ate. Nevertheless, Christ, as the new Adam, came as the Son of God and Son of Man, to restore what was lost when man fell. Thus, God’s original plan for mankind where male and female are equal, has been restored, and the curse, broken. Women and men are equal again. Jesus submitted Hi...