Skip to main content

1 CORINTHIANS 13 FOR MOMS

If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place,

but have not love,

I am a housekeeper not a homemaker.


If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements,

but have not love,

my children learn cleanliness not godliness.


If I scream at my children when they don’t follow instructions,

get frustrated and fault them for every mess in our house,

and have no grace and love

my children learn that Mom cares more about having things done exactly her way

than about listening to the needs and hearts of her children.


Love leaves the dust in search of a child’s laugh.

Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.

Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.

Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.


Love accepts the fact that I am the ever-present “mommy,”

the taxi-driver to every childhood event,

the counselor when my children fail or are hurt.


Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, and runs with the child,

then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.


Before I became a mother I took glory in having it altogether.

Now I glory in knowing that God’s in control and His grace is sufficient for each day.


All the projections I had for my house and my children

have faded away into insignificance,

And what remain are the memories of my kids.


Now there abides in my home scratches on most of the furniture,

dishes with missing place settings,

and bedroom walls full of stickers, posters, and markings,

But the greatest of all is the Love

that permeates my relationships with my children.


-adapted from 1 Corinthians 13 by Jim Fowler

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism and sinless after

1. Jesus was baptized  2. Jesus’ disciples baptized 3. Jesus commissioned us to baptize 4. Ephesians 4:22 talks about putting off the old man.  This means leaving your past behind and you are not that person. Your dead body is buried and you are now alive because of Christ in you. So the devil cannot point his finger at you and condemn you for your past sins because that person is dead, and you are not that person. You are a new creation. If Christ is in you, Hebrews 6:4-6 says we cannot crucify again the son of God.  2 Peter 2: For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog re...

Lazy teens

A teen is not a kid anymore. Then again, boys mature about 3 years slower, so just take that into account.  When faced with lazy teens, we need to find out the root issue — is it a spirit of laziness? It has to be addressed. He needs to know that it is a spirit and not him. And that he has to fight it. And what happens when spirits like that are not warded off. And how they can ultimately possess a person when entertained and given into. If it’s not laziness, it is a lack of motivation. What do they really have in mind that is really bothering them or they are inspired about and work on that.

Woman Leadership

I am convinced of God’s call upon my life. And am prepared to do anything He asks me to do, whether I receive approval from anyone or not.  It’s so important to read the Bible in context and to know the history of Corinth and how the women in their temples were prostitutes calling the men to have sex with them as part of their religious ceremony; and how they thought the church would be the same. That’s why the women there were asked to keep quiet. I am a woman pastor. I am ordained and I am a woman. God calls whom He wills. When God first created the world, He made man and woman equal. When Eve fell, Adam was standing right beside her (Gen 3:6). He did not speak up but watched, listened, received and ate. Nevertheless, Christ, as the new Adam, came as the Son of God and Son of Man, to restore what was lost when man fell. Thus, God’s original plan for mankind where male and female are equal, has been restored, and the curse, broken. Women and men are equal again. Jesus submitted Hi...