Skip to main content

"Preachers shouldn't be shouting but loving"

That's a self righteousness and judgement tone. If we read the book of James and Ekklesiastes, we will learn that there are many preachers out there with different tones because they carry different messages but they all carry the heart of God and what the Spirit is saying to the church, even if it's not something we want to hear, it is not just good for us but the timely message of God. 


Read James 4 and try that out loud yourself. I did. Imagine you're James the preacher. That's a pretty strong sermon right there. But I'm pretty sure James was called of God.


Parents have to be loving and kind but sometimes, they give us a long lecture and it's hard to swallow but good for us. Sometimes Jesus is not the gentle, meek and kind lover but the fiery prophet with a whip. I dare not judge that they are not from God, especially those heavily anointed, appointed and called by God. Who am I to judge? 


I don't always enjoy every church I go to and I do have my fair share of opinions but I try to keep them to myself. In fact, I am so ashamed of my own critical mindset that I think it's safer not to visit other churches.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baptism and sinless after

1. Jesus was baptized  2. Jesus’ disciples baptized 3. Jesus commissioned us to baptize 4. Ephesians 4:22 talks about putting off the old man.  This means leaving your past behind and you are not that person. Your dead body is buried and you are now alive because of Christ in you. So the devil cannot point his finger at you and condemn you for your past sins because that person is dead, and you are not that person. You are a new creation. If Christ is in you, Hebrews 6:4-6 says we cannot crucify again the son of God.  2 Peter 2: For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog re...

Lazy teens

A teen is not a kid anymore. Then again, boys mature about 3 years slower, so just take that into account.  When faced with lazy teens, we need to find out the root issue — is it a spirit of laziness? It has to be addressed. He needs to know that it is a spirit and not him. And that he has to fight it. And what happens when spirits like that are not warded off. And how they can ultimately possess a person when entertained and given into. If it’s not laziness, it is a lack of motivation. What do they really have in mind that is really bothering them or they are inspired about and work on that.

Woman Leadership

I am convinced of God’s call upon my life. And am prepared to do anything He asks me to do, whether I receive approval from anyone or not.  It’s so important to read the Bible in context and to know the history of Corinth and how the women in their temples were prostitutes calling the men to have sex with them as part of their religious ceremony; and how they thought the church would be the same. That’s why the women there were asked to keep quiet. I am a woman pastor. I am ordained and I am a woman. God calls whom He wills. When God first created the world, He made man and woman equal. When Eve fell, Adam was standing right beside her (Gen 3:6). He did not speak up but watched, listened, received and ate. Nevertheless, Christ, as the new Adam, came as the Son of God and Son of Man, to restore what was lost when man fell. Thus, God’s original plan for mankind where male and female are equal, has been restored, and the curse, broken. Women and men are equal again. Jesus submitted Hi...